- Research Overview
- Algal Toxicology
- Fluvial Erosion Hazards
- Edge of Field
- Watershed Monitoring
- Restoration Overview
- Other past Projects
- Publications and Presentations
- Education Overview
- K-12 Educators and Students
- IUPUI Students
- Environmental Professionals
- Service Learning
- Salazar, K.A., 2007, Leveraging Community Partnerships for Watershed Research and Education: Universities – Gateways to Education. River Voices, vol. 17, #3 & 4, p. 32-33.
- Tedesco, L.P. and Salazar, K.A., 2006, Using environmental service learning in an urban environment to address water quality. Journal of Geoscience Education, vol. 54, no. 2, p. 123-132. Download Paper (.pdf 5.37 mb)
- Redlawsk, D.P., Rice, T. and Associates, 2009, Civic Service: Service-Learning with State and Local Government Partners. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Conference Abstracts/Oral and Poster Presentations and Invited Talks
- Salazar, K.A., Tedesco, L.P., and Barr, R.C., 2011. Advancing Urban Water Quality Education and Environmental Stewardship through Service Learning and Community Partnerships. Sustaining the Blue Planet Global Water Education Conference, Bozeman, MT, September 2011.
- Salazar, K.A., Tedesco, L.P., Barr, R.C., 2011. Fostering Environmental Restoration and Stewardship through Service-Learning. 22nd Annual Service-Learning Conference, Atlanta, GA, April 2011. Download Abstract (.pdf 6 kb)
- Salazar, Kara. A., Robert C. Barr and Lenore P. Tedesco, 2009, Fostering Environmental Restoration and Stewardship through Service-Learning: First Annual Chapter Meeting of the Midwest-Great Lakes Society for Ecological Restoration Chapter, Indianapolis, April 2009. Download Abstract (.pdf 16.9 kb)
- Tilton, A. and Salazar, K.A., To Mexico with Love: International Service Learning and Water Education, 37th Annual Meeting North American Association for Environmental Education, Wichita, Kansas, October 2008. Download Abstract (.pdf 28kb)
- Tedesco, L.P. and Salazar, K.A., Covitt, B., 2006, Advancing urban environmental stewardship through service learning and community partnerships: 35th Annual Meeting North American Association for Environmental Education, 2006 October. Download Abstract (.pdf 37 kb). Download Presentation (.pdf 7.39 MB)
- Salazar, K.A. and Tedesco, L.P., 2005, Engaging students in urban campus stewardship activities to address water quality: Extending Connections: Greening of the Campus VI Conference Proceedings, v. 6, p. 32. Download Abstract (.pdf 39kb)
- Salazar, K.A. and Tedesco, L.P., 2005, Engaging undergraduate students in urban environmental stewardship: 34th Annual Meeting North American Association of Environmental Education, 2005 October. Download Abstract (.pdf 37 kb)
- Salazar, K.A. and Tedesco, L.P., 2004, Environmental service learning and community partnerships: Applying science-based solutions to urban environmental problems. Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, v. 36, no. 5, p. 162.